Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic is in lockdown in Miami suffering from coronavirus symptoms.
Tomic, 27, told the Herald Sun last week that was feeling ill last Tuesday having competed in the Monterrey Challenger in Mexico a fortnight earlier.
The Queenslander is unsure whether he has contracted COVID-19 as he is yet to be tested.
“Since Tuesday, started feeling not right,” Tomic said.
“I already had shortness of breath and my immune system was low and run down. I’m currently in Miami and isolated away from everyone, as advised.
“I’m yet to be tested for it (COVID-19) but I have all the symptoms.
“I reckon I got it travelling from Mexico (City) to Monterrey last week. People need to take this super seriously, especially at home in Australia.
“I don’t know how long I’ll be in isolation or when I can be tested.”
The ATP announced a six-week suspension of the men’s tour to help preserve the health and safety of its players since the global outbreak of coronavirus.