In-demand Essendon defender Adam Saad is now expected to re-sign with the club after weeks of speculation about his future.
The out-of-contract Bombers speedster has been attracting interest from as many as four opposition clubs and recently returned to Melbourne to weigh up his options after Essendon’s season ended last week.
Despite having “good offers” to leave, Damian Barrett believes the 26-year-old will stay at the Bombers.
“I fully expect Adam Saad to now stay,” Barrett said on Channel 9’s Sunday Footy Show.
“We know that there are good offers for him to leave but in the last week or so I think Essendon have done enough to keep him, that’s the way I’m reading it right now.”
Tim Watson told SEN Breakfast on Friday that he was more confident about Saad’s future at Essendon after hearing him interviewed at Brisbane Airport by Channel 7.
In other player movement news at the club, Barrett remains firm in his belief that restricted free agent Joe Daniher and small forward Orazio Fantasia will exit Essendon in the coming weeks.
“I still don’t see either (Orazio) Fantasia or Joe (Daniher) staying,” he said.
“Daniher has had two years to work himself out, when he asks for a week of down time, we know that usually means he’s in discussions with a team in the finals.”