Jordan De Goey’s manager Ryan Vague says he doesn’t agree with Collingwood’s decision to stand down his client after he was charged with assault in New York.
While in the USA on a pre-season training camp, De Goey was involved in an incident at a New York bar in October, which saw him charged with allegedly assaulting a 37-year-old man.
The Pies forward was stood down by the club shortly after being made aware of the incident, with Vague saying he hoped more time would elapse before Collingwood made the decision.
“I don’t agree with (standing Jordan De Goey down from the club),” he said on SEN’s Dwayne’s World.
“I understand the club had to make a decision, but I don’t think the stand down should’ve been imposed on him. It would’ve been a hard decision for Collingwood, but I expressed to the football club to allow for some more time.
“The decision was made quite quickly on the Sunday in late October, in our codes and other codes around the country, it my opinion we didn’t have a no fault stand down rule.
“They had to make a decision and we’ll continue to work with them. Jordan is my client, I wish the stand down didn’t happen but we’ll work with that.”
De Goey hasn’t been allowed back at the club since flying back to Australia earlier this week, with Vague revealing they approached Collingwood asking for him to be permitted to train on Monday.
That approach was denied, with De Goey set to face court via video link on December 8.
“The stand down is currently still at play,” he said.
“Jordan (De Goey) and myself reached out to Collingwood asking for him to be reinstated and allowed to attend training on Monday, but the stand down will stay in place.
“We’ll put some arrangements around Jordan, he’ll continue to train. He had an awesome training camp over in California and he’ll continue with that. We’ll work with Collingwood to get back to the club.”