Friday 6 October, 2017
The Pacific Star Network (ASX: PNW) which includes all 1116 SEN Programming, Classic Rock Radio, Aussie Digital, Koool and their respective digital platforms, is honoured to announce that esteemed radio and media personality, Jay Mueller, will join the team as Group Content Director of Broadcast and Digital.
Mueller will join the team in February 2018 and was selected due to his strong digital acumen, extensive sports media experience and his ability to lead a team to be the number one in their field.
As one of the most respected people in talkback radio both from a producing and on-air perspective, Mueller is looking forward to joining the Pacific Star team.
"To join the team at 1116 SEN and its sister stations, is an exciting opportunity that presents fresh career challenges. After eight fond years at Triple M it was time to take the next step in my professional development and when this opportunity came up, I didn't have to think long before saying yes," said Mueller.
Mueller’s career accomplishments include:
• Nine years TV experience in the US as an on-air journalist and later moving behind the scenes as Chief of Staff managing a newsroom of more than 100 reporters, producers, editors, camera operators and engineers
• Moved to Melbourne in 2003
• Started media career in Melbourne working for 3AW’s Neil Mitchell for three years as a producer and on-the-road reporter covering the 2004 Boxing Day Tsunami in Sri Lanka, the 2005 Pakistan Earthquake and the 2006 World Cup in Germany
• In 2007, he became the Senior Producer for number one talkback program 3AW’s Ross and John where he stayed for two years
• In 2009, at the request of Eddie McGuire, Mueller joined Triple M and created The Hot Breakfast and led the team as Executive Producer. During the next eight years, Mueller took The Hot Breakfast to the number one FM Breakfast show in Melbourne
• Over the past eight years Mueller has covered the London Olympics, the Brazil World Cup and two NFL Super Bowls
• In 2012 Mueller worked for the Seven Network as the Saturday night AFL broadcast producer
• Separately in 2014, he founded Bad Producer Productions which creates content that specialises in audio on demand. It has also produced three successful podcasts – Game Changers: Radio, The Garret Podcast and In the Pocket
General Manager of Radio at Pacific Star, Cathy Thomas said that Mueller’s expertise across traditional radio and the digital world, combined with his passion for the industry is unparalleled.
“After completing an extensive national search of the market, we kept coming back to Mueller as our number one choice. His reputation, relationship with his on-air team and colleagues, coupled with his determination and drive to continue to innovate for the listener and sponsor is second to none,” said Thomas.
“The experience held by Mueller specifically in relation to digital talkback and creating and growing podcasts was a key drawcard for us.”
“We look forward to welcoming Mueller into the new role of Group Content Director of Broadcast and Digital at Pacific Star.”
For further information and media requests, please contact:
Clare Fox - 0402 646 324 | firstname.lastname@example.org